.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jonathan Davis

So what is so pragmatistic about being Jonathan Davis?

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Verizon Wireless and ALLTEL Merger?

[Link] It seems that Verizon may be looking to aquire ALLTEL to increase their market share and thier network. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the "My network is bigger than yours" battle they have been in with Cingular.
Let's not forget, this would be the third major merger in the wireless industry. I can't help but wonder how much this will harm the competitive nature which allows me to save a little money each time my contract expires.
At the same time, maybe some good will come of this. While I'm not currently with either of those carriers, a larger network coverage area is always something to consider next year when once again, I am free to roam.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was just telling my wife earlier that I wish verizon would get a better pre-paid deal like Alltel or Cingular. She has an Alltel PrePaid and I have a Verizon. If V and A merge we would be set. Otherwise, I may just switch to Cingular.

Chris
http://tvphotogblog.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home